“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-8
Managing a More Wholesome Life
Individuals will discover more about stress using a comprehensive self-assessment tool, the “Coping and Stress Profile.” The profile examines individual use of coping resources and measures satisfaction levels in four areas of life: personal, work, couple and family.
- Workshop participants will learn to eliminate stress when possible, and to minimize the impact of unavoidable stress.
- The workshop will provide tools to build upon current coping mechanisms and stress management skills. It will also provide tools to develop new coping resources and stress management techniques.
- Participants will take an in-depth look into problem solving and communication techniques to reduce stress around them.
- Individuals will explore the positive aspects of stress. They will receive tips on how correctly managing a moderate amount of stress can help us be more creative, energetic, focused, and productive.
- Suggestions on how to manage the true underlying issues of stress, not just “quick-fix,” Band-Aid approaches.
- Participants will learn about the three-fold stress connection: Daily Hassles, Physical Symptoms, and Psychological Symptoms.
- Practical goal setting and change model exercises will be used to create a personal action plan opportunity for the workshop participants.
Tools and Techniques
Individual Stress Inventory
- Large Group Discussion
- Small Group Exercises